Are you facing the error “no module named skimage“? Yes, you have come to the right place. Today in this tutorial, I will show you how to resolve this error.
This error “no module named ‘skimage’” occurs when you forget to install “scikit-image” before importing it or installing it in the wrong environment.
[Solution] modulenotfounderror: no module named skimage
To solve this error, you need to install the scikit-image Python package using the pip install scikit-image command.
Here is the command to install scikit-image on your system:
# If you are in a virtual environment or using Python 2 pip install scikit-image # For python 3, could also be pip3.10 pip3 install scikit-image # If you get permissions error you can run command as admin sudo pip3 install beautifulsoup4 pip install scikit-image --user # If you don't have pip in your PATH environment variable python -m pip install scikit-image # For python 3 if you don't have pip in your PATH environment variable python3 -m pip install scikit-image # Using py alias (Only works for Windows) py -m pip install scikit-image # Alternative for Ubuntu/Debian sudo apt-get install python3-scikit-image # If you are coidng with Anaconda conda install -c anaconda scikit-image # If you are using Jupyter Notebook !pip install scikit-image
When you successfully install skimage, you can import it like this:
import skimage print(skimage.__version__)
The Python error “modulenotfounderror no module named ‘skimage’” can occur for multiple reasons:
- Not having scikit-image package installed. If you have not installed the skimage package then you can install it with this command “pip install scikit-image “.
- Installing the scikit-image package in a different python version than you are using.
- Installing the package in the global environment when you are using the virtual environment.
- You are using the incorrect version of python on your IDE. (e.g. VS Code)
- Using the file name “skimage.py“. If you are using a name like this skimage.py then consider it changing to something else.
- Declaring a variable with the name “skimage“. If you have a variable skimage change its name to something else.
Conclusion on “modulenotfounderror: no module named skimage“
Programmers, we discussed the Python error “modulenotfounderror no module named ‘skimage’“. I hope you have solved your Python error. If you have any questions about the tutorial or are still facing the error, please let us know in the comments section.